condor_off man page
condor_off Shutdown HTCondor daemons
condor_off [ -help -version ]
condor_off [ -graceful -fast -peaceful -force-graceful ] [ -debug ] [ -pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber] ] [ -name hostname hostname -addr <a.b.c.d:port> <a.b.c.d:port> -constraint expression -all ] [ -daemon daemonname ]
condor_off shuts down a set of the HTCondor daemons running on a set of one or more machines. It does this cleanly so that checkpointable jobs may gracefully exit with minimal loss of work.
The command condor_off without any arguments will shut down all daemons except condor_master . The condor_master can then handle both local and remote requests to restart the other HTCondor daemons if need be. To restart HTCondor running on a machine, see the condor_on command.
With the -daemon master option, condor_off will shut down all daemons including the condor_master . Specification using the -daemon option will shut down only the specified daemon.
For security reasons of authentication and authorization, this command requires ADMINISTRATOR level of access.
- Display usage information
- Display version information
- Gracefully shutdown daemons (the default)
- Quickly shutdown daemons. A minimum of the first two characters of this option must be specified, to distinguish it from the -force-graceful command.
- Wait indefinitely for jobs to finish
- Force a graceful shutdown, even after issuing a -peaceful command. A minimum of the first two characters of this option must be specified, to distinguish it from the -fast command.
- Causes debugging information to be sent to stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable TOOL_DEBUG .
- -pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]
- Specify a pool by giving the central manager's host name and an optional port number
- -name hostname
- Send the command to a machine identified by hostname
Send the command to a machine identified by hostname
- -addr <a.b.c.d:port>
- Send the command to a machine's master located at <a.b.c.d:port>
Send the command to a machine located at <a.b.c.d:port>
- -constraint expression
- Apply this command only to machines matching the given ClassAd expression
- Send the command to all machines in the pool
- -daemon daemonname
- Send the command to the named daemon. Without this option, the command is sent to the condor_master daemon.
condor_off will exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.
To shut down all daemons (other than condor_master ) on the local host:
To shut down only the condor_collector on three named machines:
% condor_off cinnamon cloves vanilla -daemon collector
To shut down daemons within a pool of machines other than the local pool, use the -pool option. The argument is the name of the central manager for the pool. Note that one or more machines within the pool must be specified as the targets for the command. This command shuts down all daemons except the condor_master on the single machine named cae17 within the pool of machines that has condor.cae.wisc.edu as its central manager:
% condor_off -pool condor.cae.wisc.edu -name cae17
Center for High Throughput Computing, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Copyright (C) 1990-2016 Center for High Throughput Computing, Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.