buildah-run man page
buildah run — Run a command inside of the container.
buildah run containerID [options [...] --] command
Launches a container and runs the specified command in that container using the container's root filesystem as a root filesystem, using configuration settings inherited from the container's image or as specified using previous calls to the buildah config command.
- By default a pseudo-TTY is allocated only when buildah's standard input is attached to a pseudo-TTY. Setting the
truewill cause a pseudo-TTY to be allocated inside the container. Setting the
falsewill prevent the pseudo-TTY from being allocated.
- --runtime path
- The path to an alternate OCI-compatible runtime.
- --runtime-flag flag
- Adds global flags for the container runtime. To list the supported flags, please consult manpages of your selected container runtime (
runcis the default runtime, the manpage to consult is
- --volume, -v source:destination:flags
- Bind mount a location from the host into the container for its lifetime.
NOTE: End parsing of options with the
-- option, so that you can pass other options to the command inside of the container
buildah run containerID -- ps -auxw
buildah run containerID --runtime-flag --no-new-keyring -- ps -auxw