buildah-from man page
buildah from — Creates a new working container, either from scratch or using a specified image as a starting point.
buildah from [options [...]] imageName
Creates a working container based upon the specified image name. If the supplied image name is "scratch" a new empty container is created.
The container ID of the container that was created. On error, -1 is returned and errno is returned.
- --name name
- A name for the working container
- Pull the image if it is not present. If this flag is disabled (with --pull=false) and the image is not present, the image will not be pulled. Defaults to true.
- Pull the image even if a version of the image is already present.
- --registry registry
- A prefix to prepend to the image name in order to pull the image. Default value is "docker://"
- --signature-policy signaturepolicy
- Pathname of a signature policy file to use. It is not recommended that this option be used, as the default behavior of using the system-wide default policy (frequently /etc/containers/policy.json) is most often preferred.
- If an image needs to be pulled from the registry, suppress progress output.
buildah from imagename --pull --registry "myregistry://"
buildah from myregistry://imagename --pull
buildah from imagename --signature-policy /etc/containers/policy.json
buildah from imagename --pull-always --registry "myregistry://" --name "mycontainer"