buildah-bud man page
buildah bud — Build an image using instructions from Dockerfiles.
buildah bud | build-using-dockerfile [options [...]] [context]
Builds an image using instructions from one or more Dockerfiles and a specified build context directory. The build context directory can be specified as the http or https URL of an archive which will be retrieved and extracted to a temporary location.
- -f, --file Dockerfile
- Specifies a Dockerfile which contains instructions for building the image, either a local file or an http or https URL. If more than one Dockerfile is specified, FROM instructions will only be accepted from the first specified file.
If a build context is not specified, and at least one Dockerfile is a local file, the directory in which it resides will be used as the build context.
- Pull the image if it is not present. If this flag is disabled (with --pull=false) and the image is not present, the image will not be pulled. Defaults to true.
- Pull the image even if a version of the image is already present.
- --signature-policy signaturepolicy
- Pathname of a signature policy file to use. It is not recommended that this option be used, as the default behavior of using the system-wide default policy (frequently /etc/containers/policy.json) is most often preferred.
- --build-arg arg=value
- Specifies a build argument and its value, which will be interpolated in instructions read from the Dockerfiles in the same way that environment variables are, but which will not be added to environment variable list in the resulting image's configuration.
- --runtime path
- The path to an alternate OCI-compatible runtime, which will be used to run commands specified by the RUN instruction.
- --runtime-flag flag
- Adds global flags for the container rutime.
- -t, --tag imageName
- Specifies the name which will be assigned to the resulting image if the build process completes successfully.
- Control the format for the built image's manifest and configuration data. Recognized formats include oci (OCI image-spec v1.0, the default) and docker (version 2, using schema format 2 for the manifest).
- Suppress output messages which indicate which instruction is being processed, and of progress when pulling images from a registry, and when writing the output image.
buildah bud .
buildah bud -f Dockerfile.simple .
buildah bud -f Dockerfile.simple -f Dockerfile.notsosimple
buildah bud -t imageName .
buildah bud -t imageName -f Dockerfile.simple