buildah man page
Buildah — A command line tool to facilitate working with containers and using them to build images.
buildah [Options] COMMAND [ARG...]
The Buildah package provides a command line tool which can be used to:
* Create a working container, either from scratch or using an image as a starting point. * Mount a working container's root filesystem for manipulation. * Unmount a working container's root filesystem. * Use the updated contents of a container's root filesystem as a filesystem layer to create a new image. * Delete a working container or an image.
- Print debugging information
- Path to default mounts file (default path: "/usr/share/containers/mounts.conf")
- --help, -h
- Show help
- --registries-conf path
- Pathname of the configuration file which specifies which registries should be consulted when completing image names which do not include a registry or domain portion. It is not recommended that this option be used, as the default behavior of using the system-wide configuration (/etc/containers/registries.conf) is most often preferred.
- --registries-conf-dir path
- Pathname of the directory which contains configuration snippets which specify registries which should be consulted when completing image names which do not include a registry or domain portion. It is not recommended that this option be used, as the default behavior of using the system-wide configuration (/etc/containers/registries.d) is most often preferred.
- --root value
- Storage root dir (default: "/var/lib/containers/storage")
- --runroot value
- Storage state dir (default: "/var/run/containers/storage")
- --storage-driver value
- Storage driver
- --storage-opt value
- Storage driver option
- --version, -v
- Print the version
| || |
|buildah-add(1)||Add the contents of a file, URL, or a directory to the container.|
|buildah-bud(1)||Build an image using instructions from Dockerfiles.|
|buildah-commit(1)||Create an image from a working container.|
|buildah-config(1)||Update image configuration settings.|
|buildah-containers(1)||List the working containers and their base images.|
|buildah-copy(1)||Copies the contents of a file, URL, or directory into a container's working directory.|
|buildah-from(1)||Creates a new working container, either from scratch or using a specified image as a starting point.|
|buildah-images(1)||List images in local storage.|
|buildah-inspect(1)||Inspects the configuration of a container or image|
|buildah-mount(1)||Mount the working container's root filesystem.|
|buildah-rm(1)||Removes one or more working containers.|
|buildah-rmi(1)||Removes one or more images.|
|buildah-run(1)||Run a command inside of the container.|
|buildah-tag(1)||Add an additional name to a local image.|
|buildah-umount(1)||Unmount a working container's root file system.|
|buildah-version(1)||Display the Buildah Version Information|
buildah-add(1), buildah-bud(1), buildah-commit(1), buildah-config(1), buildah-containers(1), buildah-copy(1), buildah-from(1), buildah-images(1), buildah-inspect(1), buildah-mount(1), buildah-push(1), buildah-rm(1), buildah-rmi(1), buildah-run(1), buildah-tag(1), buildah-umount(1), buildah-version(1).